Thursday, June 9, 2011

A trip to Ukraine







Just returned from my first visit to my wife's parents. They live in Kovel/Ukraine, not far from the Polish border.

My father in law was very happy with the "Red Army" slingshot I gave him. We took it to the Datcha (a large garden outside of the town with a small summer house), and while the Shashlik roasted on the BBQ, we shot at the makeshift backstop.

The neighbor came over and shot with us some, then we switched to his Baikal air rifles. At the end, I shot a 15 mm steel ball into the wooden plank he used as a target, and punched a big hole clean through the wood!

A fun trip, only slightly tarnished by the 7 hours waiting time at the Polish border... nothing moves for hours, just frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. I can already see you carving those Y branches into absolutely awesome slingshots!

    ReplyDelete