Monday, January 18, 2010

"The YY" - new compound slingshot design



Hello,

the compound slingshot concept for flat bands was a very good and popular idea. I got many positive comments about it.

So I decided to work some more on the concept. I wanted to get rid of the guide rod that is necessary so the bands won't slip of the rollers, and also I wanted a design that has no forward extended rods for the bands so the hand is not in the way.

The solution: Wider pulleys and a more straight band attachment method. The slingshot that came out is a bit bulky, but very beautiful (I think). The ball bearings in the wide stainless steel pulleys make the action super smooth.

It is shot with the bands set up like in the first picture, the second picture is just to show the attachment method.

This is a very fast shooting slingshot! Let me know what you think.

1 comment: