Friday, January 22, 2010

Pimp my Dankung

Some of you may have seen my review about the Dankung "Warrior" slingshot.

I had some free time today, so I decided to enhance it as good as possible.

In order to make it larger, but also more ergonomical, I replaced the original, very thin paracord with nice, heavy rope. I used the original stuff to cushion the fork ears (that were not wrapped when the slingshot arrived).

Also, I replaced the original, very short, tough but slow tubular bands with a set of thiiiiin Thera Band black, cut 14 cm x 9 cm x 22 cm.

The result is astounding! A different slingshot. Very powerful, but easy to draw, and much nicer to hold. It still is a little small for me, and the attachment leaves a lot to be desired, but this souped up version is gazillions better than the original setup.

Took just about 30 minutes work and maybe 5 dollars investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment