Saturday, January 30, 2010

My most beautiful slingshot





Hello,

after so many ball bearinged compound whatever slingshots, I really wanted to make a designer slingshot for a change.

First, the band attachments bother me. I mean, they work, but they are not a pretty sight. So I developed a way to hide the attachments! The bands come clean out of the fork.

Then, I used steel cable for the grip. That is a b***h to wrap around the grip, but very rewarding in the end.

I added a bit of heavy black rope to make the thunb+forefinger grip more comfortable.

Then, I put a bit a leather beneath the fork arms to hide the welding (which looked OK, just not perfect).

Also, I used the slotted pouch for a cooler look.

This is a really nice slingshot. Of course the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, and others may think it is cheesy - but I think it is beautiful, and it shoots well.

No comments:

Post a Comment